If you work at a commercial kitchen and are wondering how to clean range hood filters, you’ve come to the right article.
Cleaning range hood filters is an often overlooked but extremely necessary aspect of commercial kitchen maintenance.
Continue reading to learn how to clean hood filters and to learn three tips for keeping your kitchen vent hood clean and maintained.
How To Clean Ventilation Hood Filters
Cleaning hood vent filters isn’t all that difficult once you learn how to do it.
In just a few minutes and with only a couple of items, you can be enjoying a squeaky clean kitchen vent hood filter.
So what are the steps for how to clean range hood mesh filters? Here are the seven range hood filter cleaning steps:
- Remove your filters from the hood.
- Fill your kitchen sink with very hot water.
- Make a dish soap and baking soda solution in your hot water.
- Place the hood filters in the solution and allow them to soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a non-abrasive cleaning brush and scrub the filters to remove the remaining grease.
- Rinse your filters and dry them off.
- Replace your filters back in the ventilation hood.
How To Know When It’s Time For a kitchen hood filter cleaning
In general, cleaning hood vent filters should take place every couple of weeks. Due to the huge role kitchen hood filters play in keeping your kitchen safe, they must be cleaned relatively frequently to prevent the build-up of grease.
Some kitchen hood filters have the ability to last for up to four weeks but, in general, you should plan to have yours cleaned or replaced every two weeks.
3 Vent Hood Cleaning Tips
When it comes to kitchen hood filter cleaning, here are three tips to bear in mind while you are cleaning the filters.
- Use super hot water (the hotter the water, the easier it will be to clean the filters).
- Have a kitchen hood filter cleaner do the cleaning for you if you aren’t confident in your own ability to do it.
- Have your entire kitchen range hood cleaned on a regular basis and don’t allow too much grease to build up in your kitchen hood vent.
When To Call a Professional vent hood cleaning Service
If you are trying to decide whether or not to call in a team of range hood filter cleaners, here are several ways to tell if it’s time to call a hood filter cleaning service.
- You don’t feel confident in your knowledge of how to clean kitchen hood filters yourself.
- You don’t have time to dedicate to a thorough range hood filter cleaning.
- You keep forgetting to clean your vent and so think your best bet is to schedule a kitchen hood filter cleaner to do it routinely.
- You don’t have the supplies necessary for vent hood cleaning.
- You have a commercial kitchen inspection coming up and so you want your kitchen vent hood to be extra clean.
Hood Filter Cleaning Service
If you would like to enlist the services of range hood filter cleaners or need assistance with your kitchen hood inspection or routine cleaning, get in touch with APEX Hood Cleaning today.
Our kitchen hood cleaning professionals would be happy to help you maintain the integrity of your commercial kitchen.
The safety, workability, and integrity of your commercial kitchen matters to us. Not only do we want to help you keep your employees safe, we also want to make sure that the integrity of your workplace is never compromised.
Get in touch with APEX Hood Cleaning to learn more about our commercial kitchen cleaning services.