Pioneer Square is well-known for being Seattle’s very first neighborhood. This historic part of the Emerald City is cute, picturesque, and filled with abundant eateries for all types of palettes.
Continue reading to learn about some of the best restaurants in Pioneer Square Seattle and to discover your next culinary adventure with Apex Hood Cleaning.
Best Restaurants In Pioneer Square Seattle
Here is a diverse list of some of Pioneer Square’s very best restaurants. They divided up by category in order to help you conveniently find the type of cuisine that you enjoy most.
Italian Restaurants Pioneer Square Seattle
Italian food anyone? Whether you love pasta, pizza, or ravioli, Pioneer Square has a gorgeously themed and delightfully tasty restaurant to match your mood.
- The Pink Door: this restaurant is set in a classy environment with views of Elliot Bay, a delectable menu, and burlesque shows for entertainment.
- Intermezzo Carmine: choose your meal from an expansive menu filled with authentic Italian dishes. From Burrata to gnocchi sorrentina, to ravioli, this restaurant has any and all the Italian food you could wish for.
- Salumi: a grab-and-go style place, Salumi offers authentic Italian cured meats, delicious sandwiches (cold and hot), as well as weekly specials. So if you’re in the mood for Italian food but lack the time to sit down and have an hour-long Italian meal, swing by Salumi and grab a quick and easy lunch.
Asian Restaurant Pioneer Square Seattle
Whether you’re searching for Chinese food, Japanese cuisine, noodles, or dumplings, Pioneer Square has something to bring to the table.
Four of the best Asian restaurants in Pioneer Square include:
- Sake Nomi: if you’re in the mood to try some delicious rice wine, visit Sake Nomi to have an immersive Japanese bar experience.
- King Noodle: indulge yourself with some pork and chives dumplings along with a bowl of steamy bone broth, noodle soup.
- Tai Tung Restaurant: famed to be Bruce Lee’s favorite restaurant in Seattle, Tai Tung Restaurant has been serving authentic Chinese food for more than 75 years.
- Shanghai Garden: this Shanghai restaurant serves steamed dumplings, hot pot, and a variety of savory meat dishes.
Vegetarian Pioneer Square Restaurants
If you are conscientious about what you eat and adhere to a vegetarian diet, here are a couple of restaurants for you to check out next time you’re feeling the familiar rumbling in your tummy.
- Nirmal’s: serves Indian cuisine with vegetarian options.
- Cafe Paloma: serves Mediterranean vegetarian cuisine.
- Dead Line: serves both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options.
Mexican Pioneer Square Seattle Restaurants
Some of Pioneer Square’s best Mexican restaurants include:
- Casco Antiguo: enjoy a creative fusion of Mexican and classic Pacific Northwestern dishes.
- Fogón Cocina Mexicana: serves a wide variety of traditional Mexican dishes and fusion dishes.
- Los Agaves: stop by for a quick breakfast burrito or huevos rancheros in the morning, or swing by for street tacos in the afternoon.
- La Cocina Oaxaquena: serving authentic dishes and delightful Mexican cocktails, this is the perfect place for an after-work drink or meal with coworkers.
Pubs In Pioneer Square
Whether you’re in the mood for pub grub or you are just looking for a relaxed place to grab a couple of drinks with friends, here are five pubs that you should try in Pioneer Square.
- Shawn O’Donnell’s American Grill and Irish Pub: serving traditional Irish fare and draft beer.
- Owl N’ Thistle: offering a fun environment complete with live music, Irish food including (Guinness beef stew), and a plethora of imported beers.
- Flatstick Pub: offering indoor mini gold, Mexican fare, and local beer on-tap.
- Damn the Weather: with a rotating food menu, craft cocktails in a gastropub environment, Damn the Weather is the perfect trendy spot to take friends or a date.
- Doc Maynard’s Public House: this fun pub has routine trivia nights, an extensive food and drink menu, and an overall very fun vibe.
Breakfast Restaurants Pioneer Square
If breakfast is your favorite meal of the day (as is the case with many Americans), here are four suggestions for breakfast places to try near Pioneer Square.
- Portage Bay Cafe: Roosevelt: Portage Bay Cafe is most well-known for their waffle bar where you can load your waffle high with berries and other delicious toppings.
- Shalka: serves a variety of breakfast sandwiches and brunch food.
- Bacco Cafe & Bistro: serves brunch cocktails and a variety of different breakfast foods.
- Tilikum Place Cafe: serves Dutch babies, eggs benedicts, and delicious quiches.
Upscale Restaurants In Pioneer Square
Here are three upscale restaurants in and around Pioneer Square to visit when you’re feeling classy:
- The Capital Grille: upscale steakhouse serving delectable American dishes such as seafood, soups, and salads.
- Metropolitan Grill: serving a variety of dishes and local and imported drinks in a luxurious, carpeted interior.
- The London Plane: serving small plates and a selection of fine wines.